Welcome to Start School Later
Bridgewater-Raritan High School starts 7:20am and Middle School at 7:35. That is the earliest high school start time in the county and one of the earliest in the state.
Please help us let the School Board and Administration know how important it is that our children have the opportunity to get enough sleep so they can be healthier, safer, and have more success in academics and athletics.
We understand that in a large school system, the logistics are challenging and that change is often difficult . But this isn’t an issue of convenience, it’s so much more than that. As a community we need to protect our kids and give them the best chance for success in life, and by doing so we better the lives of everyone.
Things you can do to help:
- Email the school board at this link - let them know that you support the change and any experiences you’ve had
- Sign our petition
- Like and follow us on Facebook
- Contact us here and we’ll get you in the loop
- Spread the word - use the information and articles on the SSL site to help educate the community about this vital issue
- Attend a Board of Education meeting and speak out during the public comment section (or just support those that do)
I’m a mother of two children in the school district and I’ve seen first-hand how harmful the start time becomes in middle school. The status quo is NOT acceptable and the research is irrefutable. Though the change may have it’s difficulties, we need to prioritize our kids’ health, safety, and success.
This isn’t an issue that we can wait for the laws or other districts to catch up on. Other high-performing school districts in NJ (like Princeton) have made the change and are happy with the results. Bridgewater-Raritan prides itself in being a top school district, if we want to stay that way, we have to lead the way on important changes like this one.
To contact the Bridgewater, NJ chapter, please fill out the contact form on this page or Like us on Facebook.